The Center for Professional Development of Public Prosecutors (CPD) provides training to Criminal Prosecution Service (CPS) Prosecutors and other criminal justice actors in areas pertaining to prosecutorial matters.
The training institute is the first of its kind in Pakistan and conducts trainings on a wide range of topics. In the past, trainings have included:
- Induction Training for Assistant District Public Prosecutors
- Expert trainings (for Deputy District Public Prosecutors, Deputy Prosecutor Generals and Additional Prosecutor Generals),
- Training of Trainers (ToTs) for Master Trainers,
- Regional Training for Police-Prosecution Cooperation and Drawing and Disbursing Officer
- Special Prosecutor Training for Special Court.
CPD is connected to various international research networks and professional bodies and actively supports and encourages research in criminal law and broader criminal justice issues.